What License Do You Need to Install Security Cameras?
Each state has different requirements when it comes to installing security cameras in homes and businesses. Some even require specific licensure. So, do you need a license to install security cameras as a profession? The answer: possibly.
Here are the steps to determine if you need a license to install security cameras and how to obtain such licensure:
- Research and determine if the state in which you would like to install security cameras requires a contractor license and/or a low voltage license.
- If licensure is required, go to ESA’s National Training School list of state approvals/recognition to see if your state is listed.
- If your state is listed, enroll in the appropriate course to obtain the knowledge and skills to meet the license requirements for installing security cameras.
License to install security cameras bonus help:
- Want a discount on the cost of ESA’s Certified Alarm Technician Level 1 course? Become an ESA member by applying today! ESA Members pay only $285 for this all-inclusive course.
- Want to further your knowledge for installing security cameras? Enroll in ESA’s Video System Technologies course.
- Want to learn more about ESA NTS course instructors? Read the article, “ESA’s CAT Level 1 Training an Industry Standard for Security Technicians.”
- Need advice on how to successfully complete an ESA training course? Check out the article “How to Make the Most of Your ESA Certified Alarm Technician Level 1 Training,” which is full of tips from course instructor.
- To learn why ADT chooses ESA’s CAT Level 1 training as the learning resource for their technicians, click here.
If you have determined that you need to enroll in ESA’s Certified Alarm Technician Level 1 course, please click here.