Looking to the Future of ESA & Reflecting on the Past
From the very beginning of ESA, your success has always been our passion. In 2023, we have plans to take that passion to another level. As new players and competition enter our space, we are as confident as ever in the fundamental strength of what the association offers.
We are excited to celebrate 75 years as the voice of the electronic security and life safety industry in 2023. We look to make strong and smart partnerships to better serve our members. We look to grow our membership, as we launch the first ever Membership Campaign designed to expose the strength of our volunteers and community to others. We look forward to working with you, every step of the way, to support the growth of your business.
The ESA professional staff is adaptable, creative, resilient, and deeply passionate about the work we do each and every day. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in 2023. Your feedback is very important to us. Please feel free to contact us and let us know how we can serve you.
Highlighted here are a few accomplishments from 2022. I encourage you to read through the full 2022 Annual Report for more milestones achieved by ESA volunteers and professional staff during a busy year.
ESA 2022 Accomplishments
- We continued to gain traction with state regulators recognizing ESA/NTS fire training and certifications as alternatives to NICET.
- We increased ESA representation on NFPA and UL Technical Committees.
- We monitored state and federal bills and engaged in dialogue with legislators and staff on the importance of limited-energy licensing, workforce development, and school security measures.
- We unanimously passed a board resolution to support efforts to reduce false alarms through more efficient and effective customer notification methods.
- We delivered ESX in person for the first time since 2019, allowing passionate security professionals the ability to learn more, share more and interact more.
- We launched a new podcast, Security Nation, which brings the voice of the electronic security industry to you.
- We increased member retention by using a disciplined process of ongoing engagement and onboarding.
- We hosted our first ever virtual town hall meeting, in which leaders from the industry and ESA board of directors got together to discuss exciting news on benefits, programs, upcoming events and the state of the industry!