by Merlin Guilbeau, IOM - Executive Director & CEO
I want to take a moment to applaud 2018. It was a busy one for the association. We celebrated our 70th year and achieved some significant milestones...
- NTS training continued to gain traction with state approvals including its courses being approved as alternatives to NICET.
- We launched virtual instructor-led training to open up access to interactive education without the burden of travel costs.
- We launched strategic partnerships with companies like Braveheart Sales Performance to better train the sales teams of our members.
- We completely redesigned the Alarm.org website on a new platform to provide rich information that better educates consumers and business owners about securing their premises.
- We supported 36 high-priority bills on Capitol Hill, including the “STOP School Violence Act of 2018,” which will fund $330 million over the next 10 years to improve security infrastructure in our school systems.
- We grew! In 2018, we hired our first business development executive focused on exposing more companies in our industry to the ESA member experience.
- We established our first high school training program to open the eyes of the next generation of workforce to our vibrant industry.
I encourage you to flip through the full 2018 Annual Report for more milestones accomplished. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
From the very beginning of ESA, your success has always been ours.
And in 2019, we have plans to get bigger, better and stronger. As new players and competition enter our space, we are as confident as ever in the fundamental strength of what the association offers.
We are excited about the pipeline of 2019. We look to make strong and smart partnerships to better serve our members. We look to grow our membership, as we uncover the strength of our community to others. And we look forward to working with you, every step of the way to support the growth of your companies.
ESA staff is adaptable, creative, resilient and deeply passionate about the work we do each and every day. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in 2019. Tell us how we're doing.