Certified Video Technician (CVT) Certification
Why should I earn my CVT?
ESA National Training School’s CAT Level II Certification gives you a Road Map for Success in your career development by requiring applicants to meet stringent training and work experience requirements. They are earned and continuously maintained to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
The NTS advantage over other certification programs is that our certifications are based on rigorous certification curriculum and field experience requirements to ensure that students meet core skills and knowledge. They validate your abilities to customers, supervisors, peers and potential employers.
How do I earn the CVT Certification?
Requirements to earn the Certified Video Technician (CVT) Certification:
- Must have held an ESA/NTS Certified Alarm Technician (CAT) Level I or higher (ESA/NTS or accredited) certificate for a minimum of 12 months or prove equal work history by work verification
- Then successfully complete two additional courses of study within the previous five years:
- Video Systems Technician (VST) course, or the online equivalent, and pass the proctored multiple-choice examination
- Fundamentals of Networking online course
- Submit the New Certification Request Form with the required documentation
Access Your Training
Are you currently registered or have been registered for an ESA NTS Course? Click here to access our Learning Portal.