The Importance of In Person Events
After a year of virtual events, Zoom calls, virtual networking and happy hours, people are itching to get back together in person.
A survey conducted in April by The Business Journal, surveyed past event attendees across 44 markets and found that nationally, 50% of respondents said they were ready to return to in-person events with proper Covid-19 safety precautions. Another 21% said they will be ready by July. Only 10% of respondents said they will need six months or more before they are comfortable.
Based on the survey results, that puts ESA’s Leadership Summit scheduled for October 4-7, 2021, at the perfect time to roll up your sleeves, be moved by thought leaders and jump into an industry event that can ignite real growth.
But why commit time and resources to attend a conference or networking event when you can do it virtually?
- You learn more when you are face-to-face: When you are having a face-to-face conversation, you can hear the passion in a person’s voice and read their body language. You can expand on questions and talking points when you take a conversation beyond the chat log.
- Learning continues beyond a set time: If you attend a webinar or virtual meeting you will learn and meet people, but that will end after your hour is up. At in-person events, you are taking those conversations past the podium into the hallways, networking areas, and even over dinner.
- Networking with both thought leaders and up and comers: In-person events offer a wonderful opportunity to talk to people in all stages of their careers, from the expert to the up-and-comer. It gives you the chance to catch up with business friends and colleagues — it also means you can meet forge new relationships.
Now that we have established the value for attending in person events let us look specifically at why it is important to attend ESA’s Leadership Summit.
This is where the industry’s brightest minds take their teams to the next level with best practice sharing, collaboration, and expert advice from executives inside and outside of our industry. This strategically efficient and intimate conference offers:
- STRATEGIC ONE-ON-ONE MEETINGS – Customize your experience by using the scheduler to request safe one-on-one meetings with integrators, dealers and manufacturer/service provider pros, who can act as an advisor on challenges you’re facing. To make the most of your time, the Summit’s tool will suggest you meet with people attending the event that may have advice to share in area you are struggling with.
- IMPACTFUL EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS – Hear experts from a variety of fields offer valuable insights that stretch leaders to unlock new opportunities for growth in your organization and personal life.
- NETWORKING TO STAY CONNECTED – Network with like-minded security professionals in the industry and vendor advisors who can help you deliver on differentiated value propositions.
For football fans there is another reason to attend. This year, we’ll be in the heart of the Dallas Star, a world class practice facility and home to America’s team, the Dallas Cowboys. In the words of Michael “The Playmaker” Irvin, “great leaders see opportunity in every situation.”
So do not spend all your time hiding behind a computer screen and miss this opportunity to gather with hundreds of executives from the electronic security and life safety industry.
Go to ESAsummit.com to register today and scratch your travel itch!