The Membership Committee is charged with the overall responsiblity of growing the membership.
Under the leadership of the committee chair, committee members work together to set the agenda and accomplish the charge of the committee, ensuring that the committee proposes sound policies and develops imaginative and viable programmatic proposals.
Membership Committee Members
- Recommend policies, procedures, and strategies for enhancing the membership in ESA and the chartered chapters both numerically and qualitatively.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and initiatives to assure a growing and vital membership organization.
- Monitor the ESA membership categories, dues structure and dues collection effort and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Conduct member surveys to ensure that member needs are met, provide feedback on member benefits/interests and obtain recommendations for additional member benefits and services.
- Encourage the participation of members in the events and programs of ESA.
- Support and promote the association to members and potential members.
As a trade association governed by a voluntary board of directors, the Electronic Security Association works through its executive staff and various committees and task forces established by the board to fulfill its mission.
To accomplish its policy and governance responsibilities, the board creates committees and charges them with specific areas of responsibility to meet the association’s mission and goals. The executive staff consults with and supports committee programs and activities.
The appropriate role of the committee is to make recommendations to the board concerning policy and new strategies.
Committees provide a venue for members to participate in the life of ESA. Members gain professionally and personally from the contact with colleagues, and future ESA leaders often emerge through committee involvement.
The President shall recommend to the Board of Directors, and the Board of Directors shall establish such committees as are necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association. The President shall appoint the chairperson and members of each committee. Committees may be abolished by action of the Board of Directors. Unless the Board of Directors provides otherwise by resolution, each committee shall conduct its business and take action in the same manner as the Board of Directors conducts its business pursuant to the ESA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Committees shall report to the Board of Directors and to the Members, if so directed, by the submission of the minutes of their meetings and by such other means as are desirable or appropriate. A member of a committee shall have the right to vote on all committee matters regardless of such member’s voting status or lack of status as a Member of the Association.
The Membership Committee meets on the third Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. (CST) of each month.
How to Join
Are you interested in joining the Membership Committee? Please contact the committee staff liaison for more information.
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
05/11/2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM - 05/13/2021
05/17/2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM - 05/18/2021
05/19/2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM