The Election Committee, in accordance with the ESA Bylaws, shall identify individuals qualified to stand for re-election or to become new officers of the association, consistent with any qualifications, expertise and characteristics which may have been approved by the Board or determined by the Committee from time to time.
Election Committee Members
- Prior to each annual meeting, in accordance with the ESA Bylaws, the Election Committee shall identify individuals qualified to stand for re-election or to become new officers of the association, consistent with any qualifications, expertise and characteristics which may have been approved by the Board or determined by the Committee from time to time.
- The Committee shall evaluate incumbent directors whose terms are expiring at the meeting and consider their qualifications to stand for re-election.
- Before selecting an individual as a nominee for office, the Committee shall review the candidate’s availability and willingness to serve.
- The Committee shall make regular reports to the Board and will propose any necessary action to the Board.
- Verify and submit election results to the Board of Directors.
As a trade association governed by a voluntary board of directors, the Electronic Security Association works through its executive staff and various committees and task forces established by the board to fulfill its mission.
To accomplish its policy and governance responsibilities, the board creates committees and charges them with specific areas of responsibility to meet the association’s mission and goals. The executive staff consults with and supports committee programs and activities.
The appropriate role of the committee is to make recommendations to the board concerning policy and new strategies.
Committees provide a venue for members to participate in the life of ESA. Members gain professionally and personally from the contact with colleagues, and future ESA leaders often emerge through committee involvement.
The President shall recommend to the Board of Directors, and the Board of Directors shall establish such committees as are necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association. The President shall appoint the chairperson and members of each committee. Committees may be abolished by action of the Board of Directors. Unless the Board of Directors provides otherwise by resolution, each committee shall conduct its business and take action in the same manner as the Board of Directors conducts its business pursuant to the ESA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Committees shall report to the Board of Directors and to the Members, if so directed, by the submission of the minutes of their meetings and by such other means as are desirable or appropriate. A member of a committee shall have the right to vote on all committee matters regardless of such member’s voting status or lack of status as a Member of the Association.
The Elections Committee meets as needed.
How to Join
Are you interested in joining the Elections Committee? Please contact the committee staff liaison, for more information.
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
10/18/2022 - 10/19/2022
11/14/2022 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM - 11/16/2022