The Education and Training Committee establishes standards of education for our industry that is broad enough to satisfy the needs of our members, regardless of prior knowledge and experience and provides training for our industry that is relevant, practical, accessible and of high quality.
Education Committee Members
- Establish a standard of education for our industry that is broad enough to satisfy the needs of our members, regardless of prior knowledge and experience.
- Provide business and technical training for our industry that is relevant, practical, accessible and of high quality.
- Review all course offerings and conduct analysis to determine the areas that need revision, expansion or growth.
- Expand educational reach to the post secondary level to promote the profession and foster the importance of recruiting, training and retaining a skilled workforce.
- Expand current alliances for the development and delivery of educational and training product.
- Develop standards for instructor selection and development.
- Assist in the identification and creation of content and objectives for new courses.
- Evaluate educational materials by outside vendors (books, tapes, etc.) for offering as a member service.
As a trade association governed by a voluntary board of directors, the Electronic Security Association works through its executive staff and various committees and task forces established by the board to fulfill its mission.
To accomplish its policy and governance responsibilities, the board creates committees and charges them with specific areas of responsibility to meet the association’s mission and goals. The executive staff consults with and supports committee programs and activities.
The appropriate role of the committee is to make recommendations to the board concerning policy and new strategies.
Committees provide a venue for members to participate in the life of ESA. Members gain professionally and personally from the contact with colleagues, and future ESA leaders often emerge through committee involvement.
The President shall recommend to the Board of Directors, and the Board of Directors shall establish such committees as are necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association. The President shall appoint the chairperson and members of each committee. Committees may be abolished by action of the Board of Directors. Unless the Board of Directors provides otherwise by resolution, each committee shall conduct its business and take action in the same manner as the Board of Directors conducts its business pursuant to the ESA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Committees shall report to the Board of Directors and to the Members, if so directed, by the submission of the minutes of their meetings and by such other means as are desirable or appropriate. A member of a committee shall have the right to vote on all committee matters regardless of such member’s voting status or lack of status as a Member of the Association.
The Education Committee meets monthly.
How to Join
Are you interested in joining the Education Committee? Please contact the committee staff liaison for more information.
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
07/28/2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM - 07/30/2021
08/18/2021 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM