The Bylaws Committee monitors association business to ensures that the bylaws are followed and also modifies the association bylaws as adopted by the membership as the environment changes. The committee is also the primary resource for questions relating to parliamentary procedure.
Under the leadership of the committee chair, committee members work together to set the agenda and accomplish the charge of the committee, ensuring that the committee proposes sound policies and develops imaginative and viable programmatic proposals.
Bylaws Committe Members
- Monitor the environment for changes that require modification of the bylaws.
- Ensure that the bylaws are followed while conducting the association’s business.
- The committee shall serve as a resource for the Association and members on questions relating to the Bylaws and/or of parliamentary procedure.
- The committee shall review all chapter constitutions and/or bylaws, when adopted or amended, for conflict or inconsistency with the ESA bylaws.
- The committee shall advise the chapter on resolving conflicts with the ESA bylaws, if any.
- The committee shall advise chapters of changes in the ESA bylaws that may require amendment of chapter documents to avoid conflict or inconsistency.
- The committee shall serve as a resource on proposed amendments and offer advisory opinions.
- The committee shall maintain an official text of the Bylaws incorporating all changes as adopted by the membership (as does the Association secretary), and shall verify as correct all published text of the bylaws. These responsibilities shall include maintenance of style rules and the authority to make minor grammatical or syntax changes which do not change the substance of the documents.
- The committee shall, as requested by the Board of Directors, the President, or the membership, or on its own initiative, study problems concerning the Association Bylaws; interpret bylaw questions; and draft possible amendments to the bylaws to implement solutions to problems.
As a trade association governed by a voluntary board of directors, the Electronic Security Association works through its executive staff and various committees and task forces established by the board to fulfill its mission.
To accomplish its policy and governance responsibilities, the board creates committees and charges them with specific areas of responsibility to meet the association’s mission and goals. The executive staff consults with and supports committee programs and activities.
The appropriate role of the committee is to make recommendations to the board concerning policy and new strategies.
Committees provide a venue for members to participate in the life of ESA. Members gain professionally and personally from the contact with colleagues, and future ESA leaders often emerge through committee involvement.
The President shall recommend to the Board of Directors, and the Board of Directors shall establish such committees as are necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association. The President shall appoint the chairperson and members of each committee. Committees may be abolished by action of the Board of Directors. Unless the Board of Directors provides otherwise by resolution, each committee shall conduct its business and take action in the same manner as the Board of Directors conducts its business pursuant to the ESA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Committees shall report to the Board of Directors and to the Members, if so directed, by the submission of the minutes of their meetings and by such other means as are desirable or appropriate. A member of a committee shall have the right to vote on all committee matters regardless of such member’s voting status or lack of status as a Member of the Association.
The Bylaws committee meets as needed.
How to Join
Are you interested in joining the Bylaws Committee? Please contact the Bylaws Committee staff liaison, for more information.
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
11/03/2021 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
12/02/2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM - 12/03/2021
12/06/2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM - 12/07/2021