Certified Service Technician (CST) Certification
Why should I earn my CST?
ESA National Training School’s CAT Level II Certification gives you a Road Map for Success in your career development by requiring applicants to meet stringent training and work experience requirements. They are earned and continuously maintained to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
The NTS advantage over other certification programs is that our certifications are based on rigorous certification curriculum and field experience requirements to ensure that students meet core skills and knowledge. They validate your abilities to customers, supervisors, peers and potential employers.
How do I earn the CST Certification?
Requirements to earn the Certified Service Technician (CST) Certification:
- Must have held an ESA/NTS Certified Alarm Technician (CAT) Level I or higher (ESA/NTS or accredited) certificate for a minimum of 24 months or prove equal work history by work verification
- Then successfully complete three additional courses of study within the previous five years:
- Advanced Intrusion Systems (AIS) course, or the online equivalent, and pass the proctored multiple-choice examination
- Fire Alarm Installation Methods (FAIM) course, or the online equivalent, and pass the proctored multiple-choice examination
- Troubleshooting, Service and Maintenance (TSM) course, or the online equivalent, and pass the proctored multiple-choice examination
- Submit the New Certification Request Form with the required documentation
Access Your Training
Are you currently registered or have been registered for an ESA NTS Course? Click here to access our Learning Portal.