Certified Fire Alarm Technician (CFAT) Level II Fire
Why should I earn my CFAT Level II Fire?
ESA National Training School’s CFAT Certification gives you a Road Map for Success in your career development by requiring applicants to meet stringent training and work experience requirements. They are earned and continuously maintained to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
The NTS advantage over other certification programs is that our certifications are based on rigorous certification curriculum, field experience requirements, competency based testing and a personal recommendation to ensure that students meet core skills and knowledge. They validate your abilities to customers, supervisors, peers and potential employers.
How do I earn the CFAT Level II Fire?
Requirements to earn the Certified Alarm Technician (CAT ) Level II Certification:
- Must have held an ESA/NTS Certified Alarm Technician (CAT) Level 1 or higher (ESA/NTS or accredited) certificate for a minimum of 24 months or prove equal work history by work verification
- Then successfully complete two additional courses of study within the previous five years:
- Fire Alarm Installation Methods (FAIM) course, or the online equivalent, and pass the proctored multiple-choice examination
- Life Safety Code (LSC) course or International Building Code (IBC) course and pass the proctored multiple-choice examination
- Submit the CFAT Certification Request Form with the required documentation
Let NTS make things easier by purchasing a CERTIFICATION BUNDLE.
Certification Bundles allow Members to save up to 10% on course fees when all required courses are purchased in advance.
When you purchase a Certification Bundle you will automatically be registered in the courses required to earn the certification. This process will use automatically triggered emails to keep you on track and ensure you don’t miss a step to earning the certification.
Bundles are for the Online delivered versions of the courses. NOTE: Not all state regulatory agencies allow online courses for licensing. Please check with your licensing agency prior to taking this course for licensing.